What The GDPR Means For You And Your Business Ahead Of May 2018
With just over four months to go until the GDPR is introduced, now is the time to ensure that your business will be compliant, as the new rules bring with them substantial fines for those found breaking the rules.
The GDPR is being introduced to protect consumers by regulating how organisations collect and store customer data. Here are some simple tips to ensure your business is compliant:
- When collecting customer consent, requests must be separate from other terms and conditions.
- Customers must actively opt-in as pre-ticked boxes are now invalid.
- When opting-in there should be the option to consent to different types of processing.
- Your organisation and any other third parties that will be using the consent should be named.
- A record of customer consent should be kept including what the individual has consented to, what they were told, and when and how they consented.
- Customers must have the right to withdraw their consent at any time and know how to do so.